Castle Rock Lake Area Information in Adams & Juneau Counties
Adams County Area Information | Juneau County Area Information
This page links to area location pages with information, maps, photos, videos and more... This is an on going project so check back from time to time for new page links.
Area Cities, Towns, Townships, Boat Launches, Public Land, Rivers, Creeks and Developments
Dells of the Wisconsin River State Natural Area - located by Wisconsin Dells and resides in the corner of 4 Counties - Adams County, Juneau County, Sauk County & Columbia County.
Adams County Side
- Amey Pond Wildlife Refuge - located by Briggsville WI just south of Mason Lake this area is NOT Open to Hunting...
- Big Roche-A-Cri Fishery Area located in Leola Township along Big Roche-A-Cri Trout Stream…
- Castle Rock County Park located in Quincy Township on Castle Rock Lake featuring camping, boat launch, beach, etc…
- Castle Rock Horse Trails -
- Central Wisconsin Grasslands Conservation Area - is 160 acres created by four 40 acre parcels located in Leola Township of Adams County, WI. “Dog Training Area”!
- Colburn Wildlife Area located in Colburn Township which is about 5,000 acres open to the public for hunting, foraging, hiking and more...
- Dells of The Wisconsin River Natural Area located in Dell Prairie Township with about 650 acres on the Wisconsin River in mostly 2 locations...
- East Dike Walking Trail on Castle Rock Lake
- Easton Pond County Park located in Easton Township on Easton Lake mostly just a boat ramp onto the lake with some parking…
- Fordam Creek Remnant -
- Friendship Lake - 115 acres fishing and boating lake just north of Friendship WI.
- Friendship Park - Features playground equipment, picnic pavilion, Little Roche-A-Cri Creek Trout Stream, volleyball courts, barbecue grills and more....
- Jordan Lake County Park -
- Lakes in Adams County, WI - here you'll find a list of all the lakes in Adams Cty including Lake Petenwell, Castle Rock Lake, Mason, Easton, Patrick and more...
- Lake Arrowhead County Park
- Lake Camelot County Park
- Lake Mason County Park
- Lawrence Creek SNA (State Natural Area Program) - Area to help protect Lawrence Creek Brook Trout Stream Class 1 waters...
- Lawrence Creek Wildlife Area located in New Chester and Lincoln Townships with 916 acres along Lawrence Creek…
- Leola Marsh Wildlife Area located in Leola Township with about 1,660 acres of land in 3 locations…
- Little Roche-A-Cri Creek Remnant - consists of two areas, one located in Preston Township of Adams County, Central Wisconsin starting at the intersection of...
- Mason Lake County Park -
- Monroe Town Park located in Monroe Township on Lake Petenwell which has a pavilion and small fishing boat launch…
- Monroe Prairie Recreation Area -
- Parker Lake County Park / Wayside
- Patrick Lake County Park located in New Chester Township on Patrick Lake it’s about 15 acres in size with a playground, beach, boat ramp, etc…
- Petenwell County Park located in Monroe Township on Lake Petenwell featuring camping, boat launch, beach, etc…
- Quincy Bluff and Wetlands State Natural Area located in Quincy and Easton Township with about 1,700 acres…
- Rabbit Rock Wayside –
- Remnant Fordham Creek - This public land area is about 37 acres mostly wooded with row pines along...
- Remnant Little Roche-A-Cri Creek - consists of two areas, one located in Preston Township...
- Roche-A-Cri Natural Area -
- Roche-A-Cri State Park -
- Shiprock Wayside -
- Twin Lakes Nature Preserve -
- Van Kuren Trails by Lake Petenwell -
- Upper Neenah Creek State Fishery Area located in Jackson and New Chester Townships with 4 locations with about 360 acres in total…
- Wisconsin River State Highway 21 Wayside & Boat Launch
Juneau County Side
- Buckhorn Barrens SNA
- Buckhorn State Park
- Buckhorn Wildlife Area
- Castle Rock Lake County Park in Juneau County
- Lemonweir Bottomland Hardwood Forest SNA
- Meadow Valley Wildlife Area (Necedah National Wildlife Refuge)
- Necedah National Wildlife Refuge - is located in Necedah Township, Kingston Township, Cutler Township, and Finley Township of Juneau County just west of Necedah, WI. 54646.
- Necedah Station
- Petenwell Rock
- Yellow River Oxbows SNA
- Yellow River Wildlife Area
Cities, Towns & Villages
Adams County Side
- Adams, WI. 53910 is located in Adams Township, Adams County on State Highway 13 right between Wisconsin Rapids and Wisconsin Dells. It’s considered a city. It features restaurants and shopping from small family owned businesses to corporate chains stores.
- Arkdale, WI. 54613 - is located in Strongs Prairie Township, Adams County on State Highway 21 between Tomah and Wautoma. It's between I-90/I-94 & I-39/51 interstates. Arkdale is an unincorporated town with about 150 people.
- Dellwood, Wisconsin is located in Strongs Prairie Township north of County Road J but the Dellwood subdivision & developments area located south of Cty J in Quincy Township on Castle Rock Lake.
- Easton, Wisconsin is located on Easton Lake in Easton Township and this is where the townhall is placed.
- Friendship, WI. 53934 is located near the Township of Adams in Adams County on State Highway 13 right between Wisconsin Rapids and Wisconsin Dells. It’s considered a village. It features the area hospital, airport, swimming beach, county seat...
- Monroe Center, Wisconsin is located in Monroe Township on Lake Petenwell and is known for Petenwell County Park...
- Plainville, Wisconsin is located by State Highway 13 & County Road K in Dell Prairie Township just north of the famous Wisconsin Dells...
- White Creek, Wisconsin is located on White Creek and County Road H in Quincy Township just west of the Wisconsin River...
- Wisconsin Dells, WI. 53965 is located in both Sauk and Columbia Counties right on the Wisconsin River just south of Juneau & Adams County. The Wisconsin Dells post office delivers mail to all 4 counties; Adams, Juneau, Columbia and Sauk.
Juneau County Side
- Lyndon Station
- New Lisbon
Lakes, River, Creeks & Trout Streams
- Lake Petenwell
- Wisconsin River
- Big Roche-A-Cri Creek
- Fish Lake
- Little Roche-A-Cri Creek
- Yellow River
- Little Yellow River
Boat Launches & Boat Ramps
Adams County, WI Side
- 21st Ave Boat Launch
- Cypress Lane Boat Ramp
- State Highway 21 Way Side & Boat Launch for Wisconsin River
- Little Roche-A-Cri Creek Boat Ramp
Juneau County, Wisconsin Side
- Little Yellow River South Boat Launch
- Buckhorn Bridge Boat Ramp
- Ospery Boat Launch
Townships along Castle Rock Lake
Adams County WI Side
- Quincy Township - is home to Castle Rock County Park on Wisconsin’s 4th largest body of water, Castle Rock Lake. Castle Rock Hydro Dam helps regulate the water levels of...
- Strongs Prairie Township - borders plenty of frontage on Castle Rock Lake and Lake Petenwell along the West side. Roche-A-Cri Creek flows through the township and...
Juneau County Wisconsin Side
- Necedah Township -
- Germantown Township -
Castle Rock Lake Developments & Subdivisions
Adams County, WI. Developments
- Dellwood (T 17 N. R 4 E. Section 7, 18 &19)Part Quincy - Quincy Assessors Plat #2 (Quincy Township T 17 N. R 4 E. Section 30)
- Little Roche-A-Cri Addition
- White Pine Addition
- Westport Addition
- Dellwood 1st Addition
- Dellwood 2nd Addition
- Dellwood 4th Addition
- Dakota Forest (Strongs Prairie)
- Dover Shores (T 17 N. R 4 E. Section 19)
- Timber Bay (T 17 N. R 4 E. Section 8)
- Sandy Cove (T 17 N. R 4 E. Section 19)
- Snug Harbor (T 17 N. R 4 E. Section 29)
- Snug Harbor 1st Addition
- Snug Harbor 2nd Addition
- Snug Harbor 4th Addition
- Snug Harbor 3rd Addition
- Harbor Homes at Snug Harbor Phase 4
- Harbor Homes at Snug Harbor 2nd Amendment Phase 1
- Harbor Homes at Snug Harbor Phase 5
- Snug Harbor West Addition
- Snug Harbor South Addition
- Snug Harbor Pine Ridge Addition
Strongs Prairie Townshp
- Northern Bay (T 18 N. R 4 E. Section 36)
- Timber Shores (T 17 N. R 4 E. Section 6)
- Melody Waves (T 18 N. R 4 E. Section 36)
- Lake Shore Estates (T 18 N. R 4 E. Section 25)
- Crystal Brook Woods - (T 18 N. R 5 E. Section 19)
Juneau County, WI Developments
- Glacier Point (T 16 N. – R 4 E. Section 13 )
- Castle Rock Gardens (T 16 N. – R 4 E. Section 2)
- Castle Rock Gardens 1st Addition
- Castle Rock Gardens 2nd Addition
- Castle Rock Condominium Homes (T 16 N. – R 4 E. Section 2)
- Boy Scouts of America, Camp Four Lakes Council (T 17 N. – R 4 E. Section 35)
- High Ridge (T 17 N. – R 4 E. Section 34)
- High Ridge 1st Addition
- High Ridge 2nd Addition
- The Timbers at Shipwreck Bay (T 17 N. – R 4 E. Section 33)
- The Timbers at Shipwreck Bay 1st Addition
- The Timbers at Shipwreck Bay 2nd Addition
- Shipwreck Bay Condominium Phase 1
- O’Dell’s Bay on Castle Rock Lake (T 17 N. – R 4 E. Section 28)
- O’Dell’s Bay Condominium Phase 1
- O’Dell’s Bay Condominium Phase 3
- O’Dell’s Bay Condominium Phase 4
- The Pointe at O’Dell’s Bay Phase 1
- The Pointe at O’Dell’s Bay Phase 2
- Harbor Condominium (T 17 N. – R 4 E. Section 28)
- Harbor Condominium Phase 1
- Harbor Condominium Phase 2
- Half Moon Bay (T 17 N. – R 4 E. Section 20)
- Half Moon Bay 1st Addition
- Castle Rock Shores (T 17 N. – R 4 E. Section 20) - The association has disbanded as of May 2017.
- Castle Rock Shores 1st Addition
- Waterstone Plat (T 17 N. – R 4 E. Section 19)
- Castle Rock Shores 1st Addition
- Hidden Bay (T 17 N. – R 4 E. Section 19)
- Sandy Shores Subdivision (T 17 N. – R 4 E. Section 19)
- Copper Point (T 17 N. – R 4 E. Section 20)
- Copper Point 1st Addition
- Copper Point 2nd Addition
- May’s Point (T 17 N. – R 4 E. Sections 1 & 2 )
- May’s Point 1st Addition
- Bayland Shores (Necedah Township –T 18 N. – R 4 E. Sections 25 & 35 )
- Bayland Shores 1st Addition
- Bayland Shores 2nd Addition
- Murmuring Pines (Necedah Township –T 18 N. – R 4 E. Sections 26 )
- Murmuring Pines 1st Addition
Public Land in the Castle Rock Flowage Area