Buckhorn is located in Germantown Township of Juneau County, WI on Castle Rock Lake. The Park is about 6000+/- acres owned & controlled by the State of Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. Buckhorn State Park offers camping, hiking, swimming, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, hunting, access to boat launch, area information and more...
Buckhorn State Park Camping:
There are a total of 53 campsites, 42 backpack / cart-in sites, about 3 drive in sites, 3 Group sizes up to 40 people and 1 handicap accessible campsite. This state park has a unique cart-in campsite giving you that true rustic camping feeling plus some camping areas are open year round for you snow enthusiast.
Established in 1971
BUCKHORN STATE PARK
W8450 Buckhorn Park Ave.
Necedah, WI. 54646
What does Buckhorn State Park and Wildlife Areas have to offer?
- Seasonal Camping including Winter Campsites
- Backpack Camping
- Accessible picnic areas
- Accessible Campsites
- Seasonal Naturalist Programs
- Roped / Buoyed Beach Area –Shoreline
- Boating, Canoeing and Kayaking
- Boat Launches
- 1.8 Miles of Self-Guided Nature Trails
- 5 Miles of Hiking Trails
- 4 Miles of Cross Country Ski Trails
- Sandy Swimming Beach on Castle Rock Lake
- Ice Fishing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Hiking and Biking
- Camp Fires
- Several Different Types of Hiking Trails
- Public Hunting Land (Make sure to read all the Rules)
- Kids Fishing Pond
- Lots of Wisconsin Wildlife; Deer, Turkey, Small Game, Bear, Wolves and more...
- Observation Tower & Wildlife Observation Blinds
- Barrens Natural Trail
- Sandblow Vista
- Fishing Pier
- Horseshoe Pits
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Restrooms, Bathrooms, Showers
- Rental Cabin
- Right by Yellow River Wildlife Area
- Canoe and Kayak Rentals
Germantown Township Homes for Sale
Germantown Township Land for Sale